Contributing Tools to GSD
GSD tools are publicly available on GitHub.
We welcome all contributions, and want to make contributing to this project as easy and transparent as possible.
Have questions or don’t know where to start? See the Getting Started Guide.
Our Development Process
We use GitHub for all development, discussions, and issues. If something happens, it needs to be in GitHub.
Helping with Issues
The current issues are at here
Contributing New Tools
The best way to contribute new tools is to file an issue announcing them, or contact us on the mailing list [email protected]
We actively welcome your pull requests.
1) Fork the repo and create your branch from
1) Optional: Add an upstream remote branch for easy fetching in the future
git remote add upstream https://github.com/cloudsecurityalliance/gsd-tools.git
1) Commit and push your changes to your branch
1) Open a pull request against the GSD main branch
1) Future changes to the gsd main branch can be pulled and merged by running
git fetch upstream
git merge upstream/main
We use GitHub issues to track public bugs. Please ensure your description is clear and has sufficient instructions to be able to reproduce the issue.
By contributing to GSD Tools, you agree that your contributions will be licensed under its Apache-2 license.
This document was adapted from the open-source contribution guidelines for Facebook’s Draft